Bathroom renovation in Toronto is a daunting task and should always be handled by an expert. This task is designed for professionals or homeowners that have remodeled their bathroom a few times already. There are many things one should know such as the space needed for the toilet, the cost of a basic bathroom renovation in Toronto, the best vanity for your project and many other decisions. Here are some things you should keep in mind before deciding on a bathroom renovation in your Toronto home.
- The most important thing is that you should know how much the project will cost. This way, you will know how much money is required from to invest in remodeling. There are various factors that affect the cost of the bathroom remodeling such as the size, the materials used as well as the labor cost. Check online or ask a professional regarding the estimated cost of your project.
- One of the things that everyone should know when designing bathrooms is that the toilet should not be the first thing the person sees as soon as he or she enters the room. This is because it is common for homeowners to leave the bathroom door hanging open and anyone passing by will be able to see what is inside. If the toilet is the first thing they see then it is not a very pleasant sight. Find a suitable design that will hide the toilet in sight.
- It is true that you are remodeling to give your bathroom a fresh and new look but there are certain features in the bathroom that are hide to get away with such as the coats of concrete as well as wire lath. These can be removed but it would also mean addition and more expensive cost. It is best to leave them be and focus on spending your money on other things for the bathroom. Vintage tiles are cool as well and you just have to blend them along with the new bathroom theme.
- Many people might not realize it but lighting in bathrooms is very important. There should be a lighting scheme for your renovated bathroom to make sure every space is well lit. It can be done by using various lighting such as task, decorative, ambient and accent lights.
- To make planning more efficient, you should have an idea on the key measurements of a bathroom. Make sure to know the average size of a bathroom and how much of this space will be given for the toilet.
- The sink should be placed in the most comfortable height so that the user will have an easier time when washing hands or brushing their teeth.
- If your bathroom space is very limited then it is time to take a look into corner sink. This is a space save and will not affect foot traffic in the bathroom.